International Homeland Security Diploma (IHSDP)
After 30 years' experience within the International Security Sector the founders of Ubique recognised changes in training requirements and the need for a standardised approach to training which is backed by an Internationally recognised certified standards authority.
This Internationally recognised training standard was in demand for Homeland, Force / Facilities Protection Security and Aviation Security based on ICAO Annex 17.
Historically other training companies only offer a self-certifying qualification system. This means no International recognised body was ratifying the certification and the quality of the Award.
Working in collaboration with a Uk College and the London Institute for City & Guilds the International Homeland Security Development Programme ( IHSDP ) was developed.
The IHSDP programmes are structured on 4 academic levels and delivered as per the UK NVQ, ( National Vocational Qualification ) system:
- Foundation in International Homeland Security (FIH)
- 8 Core and 4 Optional units
- Intermediate in International Homeland Security (IIHS)
- 8 Core and 8 Optional units
- Extended in International Homeland Security (EDIHS)
- 8 Core and 12 Optional units
- Advanced in International Homeland Security (ADIHS)
- 8 Core, 12 Optional and 2 Specialist units
The units are selected from our unit base to suit the students and employers requirements. The 8 core Units are compulsory they are.
- Basic First Aid.
- Access Control.
- Behaviour Analysis. ( Profiling )
- Communication Skills.
- Risk Assessment.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Working as Part of a Team and Other Agencies.
- Search Technics, Person, Vehicle and Property.
All students regardless of academic level must obtain qualification within the 8 core units, once the 8 core unit accreditation has been achieved further levels can be achieved with study in the optional unit requirement for that level.
The London Institute for City & Guilds have also given Ubique total flexibility to offer stand-alone subject accreditation in a number of subjects such as:
- Risk Assessment and Planning ( Management )
- Small Arms Weapons Safe Handling.
- Small Arms Weapons Tactical.
- Range Management / Safety.
- Surveillance - Covert, Anti & Counter.
- Defence & Tactical Driving.
- Investigation Principles.
- CCTV Operations and Surveillance.
- Close Protection Operations and Principles, UK SIA.
- Search & Screeners Operations.
- Aviation Security based on ICAO Annex 17.
- Static Security Guard. UK SIA.
- Security Operation and Planning.
- Conflict Management.
- Occupational Health & Safety.
- Door Security Principles UK SIA.
- Condo Security.
- Security Awareness.
- Kidnap & Ransom.
In addition Ubique have the flexibility to include bespoke requirements into our IHSDP programmes.